Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Money, Jobs, and Cardboard Boxes

So, I got a job offer today, and I accepted it. Then, I started thinking logistically. (hate it when i have to do that!) So, the job is in New Orleans and I live in Slidell. Therefore, I will have to pay for gas for commute 5 days a week. Plus, I need somewhere to live. Rent/mortgage if I buy a house will probably run me around $700 a month. After tax deductions, insurance, utilities, and stuff, I will be left with barely enough money to live on. So, after all of that, I don't think that I will be able to take this job afterall.

An option to save rent/mortgage money would be to live at home. The problem is that if I live here too much longer, I think I may go crazy. Seriously. I HATE it. I love my mom, I really do, but she drives me crazy, and I have got to get out of this house!

Another option is to be homeless and live in a cardboard box under the bridge...I dont think I care too much for this option.

It seems yet again, I will trek forward with the job search. This totally sucks because I had started to get so excited. My life is now full of "should haves" like: I should have gone to grad school. I should have majored in something different. I should have accepted that job in Houston. I suppose I can't change any of that now, but I turned down some great opportunities.

What if this is supposed to be a great opportunity? I dont know. Am I making a mistake? I wish that I knew what "the plan" for my life is. For real. I'm not good at this stuff at all.

I do have a job interview scheduled next week and a few job leads. So HOPEFULLY something will work out soon.

No comments: