Saturday, July 19, 2008

Weekend of Leisure

My grandpa has been in the hospital for the last 2 weeks because of heart problems. He was just released to come home on Thursday. My mom volunteered our house for his recovery. I love my grandpa, but I can only stand to be around him in small doses.

Luckily, I was asked to house-sit this weekend (Thursday-Monday)! This gave me an excuse to be out of the house and away from Paw Paw. The Peffley’s are a really great couple in my Sunday School class, and they went out of town this weekend. I stayed in their house to care for their precious golden retriever named Sierra, their fish, and a plant. I enjoyed swimming in their pool and vegging out! Their TV room has a MASSIVE plasma HD widescreen with about a million channels. I watched a whole mess of movies that I have never seen before…it was prettymuch amazing! A weekend of relaxation and leisure...bliss!

Here are the movies I watched as well as my reviews in case you are interested:

*Lucky You- made me wish that I could play poker and hold a poker face

*Over the Hedge-really cute!

*Step Up-pretty freakin AWESOME! I want to see the 2nd one now! Very similar to Save the Last Dance though...

*How I Married My High School Crush (Lifetime movie)- same story line as 13 Going on 30

*Superbad-hilariously inappropriate

*Evan Almightly-not as good as Bruce Almighty, but funny and inspiring nonetheless

*Babel-pretty good. It was very similar to Crash with the whole systems theory storyline. It was a little long for me. I get too A.D.D. with long movies.

*Wild Hogs-really great light hearted movie about male bonding!

*Freedom Writers-LOVED this movie. I fought back tears the whole time--not because it was sad, but because it was just SO moving! It reminded me of when I started working at the LA Methodist Children's Home.

*Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix-pretty good...sadly though, I'm kind of over Harry Potter.

*There's Something About Mary-I have actually never seen this before. What a funny movie! I just LOVE Ben Stiller!

*Becoming Jane-Well Anne Hathaway is one of my FAVORITE actresses...and James McAvoy ::sigh:: he is just SO dreamy! I really want to see Wanted now! This movie was great. I've always wanted to live in that time period! It seems so romantic on film, but I suppose after a few days without air conditioning, I would want to come back to the present.

*Georgia Rule-Lindsay Lohan is pretty annoying, but Dermont Mulroney mmm. mmm. mmm. That lip scar! He's just so gorgeous for an older man! The plot of this movie is MESSED UP! But, it is a touching tale of mother/daughter love throughout the worst of times.

*American Dreamz-Pretty great cast: Mandy Moore, Hugh Grant, Dennis Quaid and Chris Klein. Really funny spoof on American Idol! Cheezy but in a good way!

*Batman Begins-Nope, I had not seen this one before either! AMAZING movie! I really want to see the sequel now, but I've heard it is scary so idk!

*Monty Python's The Meaning of Life-funny stuff. gotta love those brits!

*Hanson: The Walk Tour Direct TV Exclusive-WONDERFUL!!! LOVE these guys! They are so talented!



No comments: